The USDA released its annual Prospective Plantings Report today and producers intend to plant a record high 1.93 million acres to canola in 2017, up 12 percent from 2016. Compared with last year, planted area is expected to increase in all major States, with Kansas, Montana, Oklahoma, and Oregon all increasing by more than 70 percent from last year. Planted area in North Dakota, the leading canola-producing State, is estimated at 1.50 million acres, up 3 percent from last year. If realized, planted area in Kansas, Montana, and North Dakota will be record highs.
This will be held at the NDSU Commodity Trading Room at the downtown campus in Barry Hall.
- Registration is required.
- Lunch is provided at no charge.
- Seating is limited and the seminar will fill up fast.
- Register before March 10th to reserve your seat.
- NCGA Members will receive a free hotel room for Thursday night, March 16th.